Lotus

Lotus

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Parable Of The Pipeline Pablo and Bruno Part 3



The Parable Of The Pipeline
Pablo and Bruno
Part 3
by Burke Hedges


Recruiting His Friend To Help:


The pipeline drove "Bruno The Bucket Man" out of business, and it pained Pablo to see his old friend begging for drinks at the tavern. So, Pablo arranged a meeting with his old friend.


"Bruno, I've come here to ask you for your help." Bruno straightened his stooped shoulders, and his dark eyes narrowed to a squint. "Don't mock me," Bruno hissed.

"I haven't come here to gloat," said Pablo. "I've come here to offer you a great business opportunity. It took me more than two years before my first pipeline was complete. But I've learned a lot during those two years. I know what tools to use now, and where to dig. I know where to lay the pipe. I kept notes as I went
along so now I have a system that will allow me to build another pipeline in less time........... then another........... then another.

I could build a pipeline a year by myself, but what I plan on doing is teach you how to build a pipeline, then have you teach others and have them teach others. 

"Just think, we could make a small percentage of every gallon of water that goes through those pipelines."

Bruno finally saw the big picture. They shook hands and hugged like old friends.

Pipeline Dreams In A Bucket-Carrying World:
Years passed. Their world pipelines were pumping millions of dollars into their bank accounts. Sometimes on their trips through the countryside, Pablo and Bruno would pass villagers from other villages carrying buckets. The friends would pull over and tell them their story and offer to help them build a pipeline. But sadly, most bucket carriers would hastily dismiss the notion.

"I don't have the time."

"My friend told me he knew a friend who's uncle's best friend tried to build a pipeline and failed."

"Only the ones who get in early make money on a pipeline."

"I've carried buckets my whole life, I'll stick to what I know."

"I know people who lost money in a pipeline scam."

Both men resigned themselves to the fact they lived in a world with a bucket-carrying mentality ............. and only a very small percentage of people would ever see the vision.


No comments:

Post a Comment